Thursday, December 17, 2009

day 24 - before we bid farewell

It's our last day in Ol' Paris. We woke up to snow! It was so beautiful and romantic. We had a "free" day as we've done most of what we wanted to do. We decided to give Notre Dame a second shot so we went back to the St. Michel area. We had cheese fondue...yum! Then we walked around Notre Dame. After that I decided to take James to a supermarket that I remembered last time I was here. I was telling him how big and great it was. Once we were there, I realized it was just another Monoprix. It was disappointing but we still went in. We then walked across the street to Printemps, another great shopping mall packed with people. Just like the Galleries Lafayette, there was a women's, men's, and home store. We went to the women's side first and then the men's and found something for both James and I. We were told that we could claim the tax so that's what we did. We quickly learned that we needed our passports so we had to go back to the hotel to get it and then back to the store to fill out the forms.
After all this running around, we finally were able to rest and have a nice dinner. We even picked up some nice desserts which we are about to enjoy before bed time.
Paris has been great to us and i'm happy to report that James will return to Europe and has enjoyed his time here... I'm sad to leave this adventure but super excited to sleep in my own bed soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment