Friday, December 11, 2009

day 14 - a city I can call home...

ahhh...London...it's such a fabulous place! I'm quite attached to "my Vancouver" and London is one place that i could call home one day...The only downfall is that it's terribly expensive.

The first full day started off with Nat all ready to explore the town on her own. It's a shame that I didn't get to hang out with Nat anymore as she "has been there, done that" with all the tourists stuff that James and I planned to do. So we parted ways...James and I took the tube to Buckingham Palace for the changing of the guards. Nothing exciting. Actually, it went array from almost the get go. James and I were super excited to finally be together, so much in love - walking hand in hand, stealing kisses as we rode the long escalators up from the tube station. We got to the Palace and found a place to witness the guards changing when I realized that there was still 45 minutes to go and I needed to tinkle! I told James to stay put as i searched high and low for a toilet. Little did I know the toilet was about a 10 minute walk. But that wasn't the problem. The problem was after I had relieved myself, I realized that I was walking back with the beginning ceremonial band for the changing of the guards. So i quickly ran back to where I told James I would meet him. Oh no! The route I took to get to the toilet was all blocked off! The police officers didn't allow me to go and said i needed to stay where I was until the whole thing finished. Now, if you know me, I do not take no for an answer and if I have my mind set on something, I don't stop till i get it. So I looked over to where James should be waiting and looked around for options. I could either jump in front and cut off the band members or run down the street a bit and play real life "Frogger" so real life "Frogger" seemed to be my only option! Whew! Safe and now on the right side of the street. I got to the place where I thought I told James to wait but then after the ceremony, I realized I was in the wrong area! So James and I were apart for almost an hour! A whole hour apart in a foreign city! It was scary!!! We embraced each other with a "whew, we're finally back together" hug and then went onto the next destinations: the National Portrait museum, the National Gallery museum, a Robson-like street called Oxford, Carnaby Street which had funky outdoor stores and all decked out with Christmas decorations, went to Picadilly Cirus, Oxford Circus and watched the Dirty Dancing play. What a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment