Wednesday, December 9, 2009

day 12 and 13 - a Milan pit stop before seeing James

We arrived in Milan...it was sunny. Since we didn't realize we were going to have a night in Milan before we embarked on this journey, nothing was planned. Our plan was to take the free bus from Reggio to Milan (courtesy of Reggio) and then figure it out as we went. We bumped into two Reggio classmates that took the same shuttle and we followed them back to their hotel, Novotel, and crossed our figures for availability for the one night. I'm sure there was a lot of room as it was a huge hotel. It was also a really nice place. It was a nice one night, last night for Nat and I...No more girly bonding after this as James will be joining us soon.

Two hours later and one hour back, James was there waiting for us at our gate! He had been to every terminal in Heathrow ( i think there are five in total, it's a super huge airport!) and knew all the ins and outs. He had our Oyster card (tube transfer cards) ready for us and off we went to our hotel. The Sheraton was amazing. The smell was incredible, each time I entered I smelled it. I'm not sure what it was, it just smelled fantastic! The first night we all squished into the king size bed. By the second and third night, James got booted to the couch. It was way too hot for me and since he didn't pay for the room, I figured it would only be fair to Nat if she got some of the blanket and had a more comfortable sleep.


The "orchestra of the nights" wasn't too bad as they took turns serenading to me! But all in all London was great. The weather is much like Vancouver's. I would totally love to live in London. That city is so fun and I think because everything is in English and everyone spoke English, it made it so easy and lovable. The sites were great, the shopping was fantastic and the Christmas lights and displays were absolutely amazing. I really liked how they decked out the city!

The first day/night we arrived, we had pub food. All the shops were closed so we just strolled around and then went to a good-rated pub restaurant in James and my guide book. Nothing super but super expensive!

No comments:

Post a Comment